We are always looking for creative and new ways for gamers to play and challenge each other. And for the shy gamers it is nice to have a way to watch other games having fun. Twice Plays Punch Club answers all of those needs.
What is Twitch Plays Punch Club you ask? The tinyBuild Games team have come up with yet another awesome way for gamers to have fun and really utilize the stream service Twitch. Here are some details on how it works.
About the game:
Your father was brutally murdered before your eyes. Now you must train hard, eat chicken and punch dudes in the face to earn your place in the Punch Club ranks, and discover who ended your father’s life.
Punch Club is a boxing tycoon management game with multiple branching story lines. Your goal is clear, but how you get there depends on whether you want to legitimately climb the rankings, or take the more ridiculous, shady route.
Along the way you’ll want to focus your talents. Will you take the Way of the Tiger, the Way of the Turtle, or the Way of the [other one?]? Your strength, accuracy and agility all depends on whichever Way enlightens your path. Do you have stripes, or flippers?
And every decision will matter, especially in your social life. You’ll be juggling friendships, love life, work, recreational time, relationships, and possible stardom, all alongside your gym time and fighting aligators. It’s not all just pumping iron, you know.
- Fighter management sim with RPG and tycoon elements
- Find out who killed your father, and maybe learn something about yourself along the way
- Heavily story-driven, with multiple different narrative branches and game endings to discover
- Get as deep with stats as you like, and find your own way through extensive skill trees
- Gorgeous pixel visuals with 80-90s references and nostalgia all over the place
- Punch Club is our 90s-styled boxing management sim that we’ve been teasing since summer 2015
- Supported by Twitch, Twitch Plays Punch Club sees Twitch livestreaming viewers play through the game together using hashtag commands to vote in the Twitch chat on what should happen in the game (à la Twitch Plays Pokemon)
- Here’s the twist: When Twitch Beats Punch Club, the game will launch on Steam (iOS will follow soon after).
- The fate of the game is in the hands of the Twitch chat
- Punch Club can also be pre-ordered at 20% off on Steam
- Oh, and whenever Twitch wins a fight, a Steam key for the game is dropped into the Twitch chat
- Watch this Youtube trailer to get all the ins and outs
The awesome news is that everything went better as planned and the game is actually set to release very soon now, could actually be today if all continues to go well. In a surprising turn of events, it took twitch less than a day to get through half of Punch Club. At the time of writing this, viewers got to 58% in the game.