A few months ago we discovered the Kickstart Campaign for Dimension Drive and we were very excited for what this game was offering us.
In a nutshell, Dimension Drive is a Dual-Battlefield Shoot’em up with a teleportation mechanic that seamlessly combines shooting, puzzle and defense mechanics into a comic book styled sci-fi space opera set in a multidimensional universe. Okay a really big nutshell.
The Ashajuls, a cruel multidimensional alien race, are attacking the universe. You will have to fight as Jackelyne Tywood (a.k.a. Jack) in The Manticore, a legendary ship capable of teleporting across space and dimensions. You will be tasked with the responsibility of uncovering the mysteries of your past and the origin of the Dimension Drives with your trusty friend and A.I., “V.E.R.A.”, at your side.
We were thankful and grateful enough to be able to do a quick demo of the game via a download of the build they were working on. Here is a video of a small bit of what we experienced. Of course keep in mind this was provided during the very early stages of development and additional improvements, enhancements and changes probably will occur so the final product could look and sound very different from what you are seeing now. Also no judging my gaming skills (or lack there of) at all. Just wanted to show you what the game is like
Some more details about the game itself, here are some of the games key features you have to look forward to:
- A new type of shoot’em up: Fast Dual-Screen vertical shoot’em up with teleportation.
- Rich science fiction adventure: Teleport your way across the multiverse fighting the ultimate threat, meet new races and allies. Unfold the secrets of your past and the creators of the Dimension Drives. Become a legendary space pilot.
- Clever mix of three mechanics: Shooting, puzzle and defense.
- 2 games in your screen: Multitask and single-handedly fight 2 shoot’em ups side-by-side.
- 4 game modes: Arcade, Modern, Pacifism and 1 credit clear.
- Comicbook art style: Video game meets comic. Experience the story of Jack through the motion comics and awe at the colour rich in-game comic art style. Who said space was black?
- Energy concept: The Manticore is powered by the Dimension Drive energy. Carefully strategize and decide when and where are the best places to teleport.
- Advanced scoring system: Obtain the best score in the leaderboards.
- Teleportation! (We said that already, didn’t we?)
See the Announcement trailer here.