One of the many pleasures of attending gaming events is meeting new and upcoming developers. Indie Developers have such heart and passion for their games and we enjoy meeting with them and discovering more about what makes them create the games they work so hard on. We had just that experience meeting with Micah and hearing about Combat Core at Super Smash Con.
Combat Core is a 3D arena fighting game that borrows elements from classic games like Power Stone, Custom Robo, and other fighters. The fighting mechanics focus on fast-paced combat, strategic use of your environment, and weapons in the arena. Here are the key features:
- High-Powered Combat from 1v1 to 4 player battle royale or team modes
- Physics-based environment destruction and interactive ragdolls
- Original Characters with fun, unique movesets and strengths
- Combat Cores can boost fighter stats and grant special attacks to fit your play style!
- Local Multiplayer + Online Multiplayer using Exit Game’s Photon Networking Framework
- Interactive Arenas with a variety of mechanics and hazards
- Weapon Pickups ranging from lazer swords to energy grenade launchers, with multiple attacks and uses
- Full Character Editor to create custom fighters with different gear, stats, and skills
- Oculus Rift Compatible – The first fighting game with native Oculus Rift support!
We had the chance to meet with Micah Betts the lead developer on the game where he shared about the process so far and the plans for the game in the near future.