Austin based indie game studio, Black Hive Media, announces their first PC game project, Kova.
Kova pulls from classic 2D side scrolling games with a RPG flair and is set in a distant, technologically-advanced future when human-kind has colonized planets across galaxies.
Here is what Kova is all about:
You’re Kova Rimor, a space mercenary on her way to the next payday. You happen across a foreign beacon when your ship is interdicted by another ship and crash lands on an uninhabited, icy planet. What is the mystery behind this beacon? Where does it come from? As you unravel its story and contents, you might find an answer to the most perplexing question of all: “Why have humans been alone in the Universe?”
Investigating the mystery behind this alien-like beacon, players will explore different planets and interact with allies and foes alike that may push them to change tactics, battling hostile forces and taking on side missions to increase the abilities of their weapons, suit and ship.
Kova will feature the following:
- Join one of three factions, each with their own perks, missions and dialog options
- Craft shift upgrades, ammo and other items
- FPS-like combat controls paired-down for 2D, allowing you to fully aim and control trajectory
- Take on side missions to get information and earn credits, so you can upgrade your skills, ship and weapons
- Uncover one of the universe’s greatest mysteries by collecting and analyzing beacons
- Explore a variety of planets with their own distinct atmosphere, different town hubs and side-missions to take on.
Kova has currently been Greenlit on Steam and today has announced their Kickstarter campaign.
Kova, is expecting a 2017 launch and currently only slated for a PC release.