The Reaper challenges you to a game of Chess. Will you accept? Ripstone Games announces Chess Ultra.
Chess Ultra is looking to be one of the most breath taking chess game ever made. Chess Ultra will feature 4K visuals, seamless online multiplayer and Grandmaster-approved AI. In the trailer below, you are introduced to the Grim Reaper, who, in VR, will be able to play you face to face. What an experience to have!
Virtual Reality players can challenge Death in the pits of Gomorrah, their mortal soul in the balance. Play well and he’ll get angry, his eyes burn with rage and the lava will flow ferociously; But lose, and he’ll reach over and take their soul.
Pre-orders are also available for Xbox One and PlayStation Europe on 7th June and fans on Steam can add the game to their wishlist now.
Here are some key features of Chess Ultra:
- Stunning environments and beautiful chess sets displayed in striking 4K (platform-dependable)
- 10 Grandmaster approved AI levels
- Comprehensive time controls, including Classical, Blitz and Marathon, all available online
- Intuitive local and online multiplayer with ELO ranking system
- Cross-platform online play between console and PC
- Spectate and compete in Official Ripstone tournaments
- Over 80 chess puzzles
- Re-write the past by winning the biggest historic matches
- Exportable PGN for every game, locally and online (PC version only)
- Full Twitch integration invites fans to play against their community (PC version only)
- In-depth tutorials
Chess Ultra will also have Twitch integration. This is a brand new additions in Chess Ultra. Twitch integration will allow Steam players to stream the game live on Twitch and play against their streaming community, who will be able to enter chess moves into the chat.
For those hoping to see the game and the Twitch integration in action, Ripstone is hosting a special livestream on Twitch at 4pm UK time on 7th June, where viewers can play Chess Ultra against the team to see if they can beat Ripstone at their own game, and also ask questions about the game.